On Lite plans, you have only one spending policy whereas, on Standard plans, you can create multiple ones. If you are interested in the latest, reach out to your dedicated Customer Success manager.
A spending policy lets you control how much a Requester can spend in one transaction and in one month without any approval.
🚨 The spending policy applies to requests for new virtual cards (available in the Requests tab) or to plastic cards top-up requests (on top of or instead of your monthly budget).
There are two ways of setting up policies in Spendesk:
Set up a policy for one member
- Under Settings > Members, select a member.
- Click on Edit Profile then head down to the Policy Section.
- Choose the right policy in the dropdown list.
- If none of the existing policies fits, choose Custom and manually enter the desired amount per transaction and desired amount per month.
More autonomy? Need more control?
- If you'd like to give more flexibility to your coworkers, you can set a higher amount per transaction/month.
- However, if you'd like to have more control over their spending, then set their policy to 0€ per transaction/month. In that instance, any request will have to be approved beforehand.
At the company level, for multiple individuals at a time:
- Head over to Settings > Members > Policies
- Then, choose the name of your policy and edit the amount per transaction and per month.
- In addition, you can directly add members that you already know should follow this spending policy.