There are two types of notifications on Spendesk :
- some notifications are general and relate to your account's activity (payments, missing receipts...) and personal use (cards and requests). These are email notifications.
- The second category depends on your role (Account owner, Controller, Administrator or Requester) or permissions (i.e Team approver). These notifications can be sent by email, push notification, Slack...
🔕 Depending on your role, you can activate or deactivate these general notifications from your Settings tab, or by clicking on your Avatar (top right corner) > My profile > Notifications.
Emails are sent to all Requesters for:
- Requests' status (approved, commented or refused).
- Plastic card status (blocked, cancelled, marked as lost...).
- Payments with a plastic card.
- Expired cards.
- A weekly activity recap
Additional notifications can be sent to Controllers, Admins and Account owners:
- a member sign-up.
- A plastic card activation.
- Cards blocked, cancelled or marked as lost.
- Missing or uploaded invoices/receipts.
- Account statements (every month)
- Low funds on the account.
Role and permission-related notifications
👉🏻 These notifications cannot be turned off. They are automatically triggered.
On Tuesdays, a recap of the expenses is sent for missing receipts (by email and Slack, if your company Slack is linked to Spendesk).
👩🏻💻Account owners and Admins can set the day and time of this notification for the team.
On Friday, requesters receive an update of the expenses validated or refused by the Finance team or Team approvers (by email).
🚨Please note that no email is sent if there is nothing to validate.
Controller notifications :
On Mondays at 2PM, Controllers receive an email recap of :
- expense claims that haven't been approved yet.
- Expense claims that have been approved but not reimbursed.
- Invoices to approve (unless there's none to approve).
On the Standard plan, team approvers also receive the following notifications :
- an immediate Slack and mobile app notification for expense claims, and Slack notification for mileage requests.
- On Mondays, a recap of expense claims that haven't been approved yet. No email is sent if there's nothing to approve.
👉🏻Virtual cards requests and invoice submission requests are sent automatically by email when generated by requesters.
👉🏻Learn more about Roles.