After making a payment, you'll need to add your receipt for Finance teams to keep control of your spendings.
Read our dedicated article to know what's a valid receipt.
4 ways to upload your receipt on Spendesk
Spendesk mobile app: snap a picture of your receipt.
Go to your payment, and take a clear picture of your receipt with all the visible information.
- Click on the transaction and complete details related to your payment: name of the supplier, description of your purchase, analytical code if activated, team...
- Click on Add receipt to submit the payment receipt:
👉Either by clicking on "Take a picture": you will be able to take a photo of your receipt directly from the mobile app.
👉Or by clicking on "Choose from the gallery": you will be able to attach a receipt or an invoice that has already been downloaded to your phone.
Once you have attached the receipt to your expense, you will see the thumbnail image displayed. Save.
- As soon as all the information has been correctly completed, the transaction moves from the Home tab to the Payments tab, where you can find all your payments (virtual or physical).
As long as all the information is not completed, the payment will remain in the tab Home > My tasks.
On the desktop interface of Spendesk.com: drag and drop the receipt on the related payment.
- Sign in to your Spendesk account,
- Select the payment you're trying to update from the Payments tab. Use filters if it's an old payment or that you have many payments to find it easily.
- Drag and drop your receipt.
By email: reply to the Payment Confirmation Email with your receipt attached
Simply respond to the confirmation email you must have received after your transaction and make sure to attach your PDF receipt. We'll automatically match the receipt to the corresponding payment.
The confirmation email should look something like this:
By email: forward your receipt to Marvin by email to
You can also submit your invoices using Marvin, our accounting robot 🤖..
To use Marvin, simply forward your PDF receipt to Spendesk via your dedicated email address, it should work something like this: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can always find Marvin's dedicated email address by:
- Heading into the Payments tab.
- Open the correct transaction.
- Click on Forward your receipts in one click under the Transaction description.
- A popup window should open and display your unique email address. This email address is valid across your entire company, not just for yourself.
Can't provide a receipt?
If the merchant won't give you a receipt, or if you lost it, you still need to report it in Spendesk. Click on the link "Can't provide a receipt" in the payment panel and select the reason.
You can also use this feature for refunds: choose "this is a refund".