There are 3 different ways of funding a Spendesk physical card and managing its budget.
Predefine a monthly budget
To access one's monthly budget, head over to the Cards tab.
Administrators have a view of all the cards of a company, and Requesters of their own card.
The monthly budget is the amount set on the card. It is reloaded automatically at the beginning of the month.
This budget is pre-approved by an Administrator, therefore it can be higher than the approval policy set up in Spendesk.
👉🏻 Admins and Account Owners can set up a monthly budget when ordering the card, or after it's been activated.
Top up the card
In some cases, physical cards are only used occasionally. Then it's preferable to load money with a top-up.
To do so:
As a Requester
- head over to the Card tab.
- Select Top Up.
- Depending on your approval policy, the top-up request will be instantaneous or will require approval from your an Administrator.
- Once approved, your physical card will be automatically credited with the new funds.
As an Administrator
- head over to the Cards tab.
- Select the card that you want to top up.
- Select Top Up.
- If the wallet available amount allows it, the physical card will automatically be credited with the funds.
Combine a monthly budget and top-ups
If you happen to spend your entire monthly budget but still require additional funds, you can always request a top-up for your card.
This will enable you to continue using your physical card before the beginning of the following month and reload.
👉🏻 You can refer to the first two sections above for more details about the monthly budget or topping up.