Enjoy an effortless export experience from Bookkeep > Export
Go to Bookkeep > Prepare.
Prepare your payables and click on "mark as ready".
Go to Bookkeep > Export
Select the time frame for which you want to export payables. Remember that you need to look up invoices by their issue date, or expense claims by the date of expense.
Click the button "push to Xero"
Wait for the confirmation message.
... with a much better management of export failures
If some of your purchases fail to export, you should click the button "review errors".
Send back to Prepare
If the payable has wrong chart of account information, then you should :
- Click the button "send back to prepare" in the error modal. The purchase will be sent back to the Bookkeep > Prepare tab so that you can edit it.
- Go to Settings > Accounting and click "refresh accounting settings".
- Go to Bookkeep > Prepare, edit the purchase that failed to export previously and mark it as ready.
- Go to Bookkeep > Export and try to export it again.
Mark as manually accounted
If the invoice date of a purchase belongs to a locked period in Xero, you won't be able to export it from Spendesk to Xero. The workaround is the following :
- You should click the button "mark as manually accounted" so that this purchase is artificially marked as exported in Spendesk. The idea is to take it out from the Prepare and Export tabs.
- Then you can import this purchase manually in Xero. You can also use this process if you're stuck from exporting a purchase to Xero for unknown reasons.