Account owners: using the Mileage Claim feature requires our Expense feature. To learn more, please get in touch with your Customer Success Manager.
Learn about mileage claims
What's a mileage claim?
Mileage Claims allow you to get reimbursed by your employer for business-related trips using your personal car.
👉🏻 If you use your personal vehicle for work, you can claim a mileage allowance. However, you cannot claim a mileage allowance if you use a company car.
What is covered?
Mileage Claims usually cover things like:
- Servicing & Repairs,
- Car Insurance,
- Depreciation (i.e. a vehicle’s decreasing value over time.)
Tolls and parking are not included. For this type of expense, you can submit an expense claim.
How to use the Mileage feature
The mileage feature is not available on the Spendesk app, yet.
- head over to the Requests tab.
- In the top right-hand corner, press the Make a new request button.
- Select Request a reimbursement.
- At the bottom, select Mileage Allowance.
- Fill in the details related to your trip.
The mileage allowance will be calculated automatically based on the distance of your trip and your local regulation.
- Submit your request.
- Approvers (managers, Account owners...) can then approve or reject the expense as usual.
For companies based elsewhere:
For more information about Mileage Claims, we invite you to read your local documentation: