This guide is tailored for users with a Requester role or Account owner role.
Making a per diem allowance
To submit a per diem request,
- click on "Make a new request" button.
- Select "Request a reimbursement".
- Choose "Per diem allowance" at the bottom of the side panel.
Input trip information - trip within Germany
The first step to request a per diem meal allowance is to add trip information.
Step 1: trip information
- enter the description of the trip.
- Input the origin of the trip, for example, "Berlin, Germany" or your office's address.
- Enter the destination's address within Germany e.g. "Rent 24 Berlin".
- Enter the date and time the trip begins. This is when the employee travelling begins their trip.
- Enter the date and time the trip concludes. This is when the employee travelling returns home/to his/her normal place of work.
- Add a trip description describing the purpose of the trip so that a manager can approve it.
- Add any custom field values required.
- Click next.
Step 2 - additional settings
- If the requester was required to spend the night away from home, and no accommodation was provided by their employer, they may select the "hotel allowance" option to be reimbursed for their accommodation.
- Important: select any meal deductions. A requester must declare any meals they received during their trip at no cost.
For example, if their company paid for a hotel that included free breakfast, they would need to declare that so that their meal allowance is reduced.
- Submit the request.
Input trip information - trip with multiple destinations
To make a request for a trip with multiple destinations, click the "Add destination" button in the form.
View per diem requests and approvals
You can then click on your per diem request, like mileage claims, to view the amount we calculated for that request. You are then free to cancel the request or wait for it to be approved by your manager.