This tutorial has two sections and is for Controllers and Account owners:
- Step 1: Prepare and validate your payments (and payables on Bookkeep 2.0)
- Step 2: Export your payments (and payables on Bookkeep 2.0)
First of all, go to your Prepare tab to edit and validate your payments and payables.
1. Check the receipts
If a receipt is missing, you can either send a reminder to the requester or discuss it on Slack. To do so, click on the "..." button on the payment. You also can upload the receipt yourself.
As a reminder, if the invoice icon is:
- Green, the receipt is valid.
- Orange, it is declared as invalid.
- Red, the receipt is missing.
- Grey, the receipt is declared as lost.
- Blue, the receipt is missing but not yet late.
2. Verify payment information
When you make a payment, you can review it, check the information provided by the payer (vendor, tax rate, payment type, expenses account) and update it if necessary.
You can now also add several Expense accounts / VAT accounts on Bookkeep 2.0.
Once you have checked everything, click on the purple button "mark as ready", and your payment moves to the "Export" tab.
🚨 Did you validate it a little too fast? No worries! Go to the tab Export > View. Click on the payment and then click on the red Resend to Prepare button.
3. Be more efficient: use the "group by" function
The "group by" feature allows you to add missing information to a similar group of payments at once. You can group payments by expense type, supplier, expense account or VAT account.
Once you have your payments sorted, select them and click on "Edit Transactions" or "Mark as Ready".
⚠️ Be careful when editing several payments at once, the changes apply to every selected payment!
👉 Now that you have prepared your payments and payables, shall we proceed to step 2: Export your payments?