Only Accounts owners and Team approvers (Standard plans only) can approve or reject expense claims requests. When you are a Team approver, another Team approver receives the notification to approve or not your expense.
Whatever is your spending policy, it doesn't apply to expense claims.
As an approver, you cannot accept your own expense.
Approve or reject expense claims
Every week, you receive a notification about any pending expenses waiting to be reviewed. You can also approve or reject any expense claims from our mobile app!
- Go to Requests > Pending
- Select the expense you'd like to review
- Review the information provided
- If needed, amend the description and/or any other information.
- Click on Edit amount to reimburse if you'd like to review the amount to be reimbursed.
- Accept the expense by clicking on Approve Request.
- Decline the expense by clicking on Deny Request. You should be able to provide a reason for this denial. A weekly email will be sent to the member who submitted the expense, notifying them of their expense status.
From there, they will appear in the Expense claims > To review tab. Controllers and Account owners can now review and reimburse them. Once reimbursed, accepted expense claims move to Payments for bookkeeping.